We’re taking “Linkbacker U” over to “The Secondary,” since it’s really not all that important compared to the front page, feature articles I post on here. Plus, this way I don’t have to really elaborate much to make this a more fluffy post. Anyway, morning linkage…
- Virginia backed out of its Sept. 14 game at Penn State. The Nittany Lions moved quickly to schedule a home-and-home with Central Florida. UVA ditched PSU after the hot chick in school, Oregon, agreed to a date.
- My BSD bros are starting up some Class of 2013 profiles, starting with Adam Breneman. VBR offers up a very nice, brief Signing Day primer. Corn Nation has a different opinion on the recruiting hype this week, as in Husker Mike hates it.
- Athlon and Phil Steele are ramping up their spring preview stuff. Athlon rates Penn State’s roster 29th most-talented in the nation. Steele has a slew of PDFs for you to start browsing.
- Culture is only a problem at Penn State, and no way in the State of Alabama, right NCAA? Andy Staples at SI.com has always been a reasonable guy on the ridiculousness of the NCAA actions under Mark Emmert, here’s another feather in his cap.
- Dan Marino, of Ace Ventura: Pet Detective fame, was allegedly very naughty with a CBS employee a few years back.